Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome the the Touch of Genius Guild, the site is in construction at the moment but will be up and running shortly, feel free to browse the site in the meantime.

From neeway club chart and download

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sgtrock
Guild Master
Guild Master
Sgtrock

SO Level : 100

From neeway club chart and download Empty
PostSubject: From neeway club chart and download   From neeway club chart and download I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:54 pm

I know loads of good players who don't chart their clubs. But I also know that most of the very high level players do. Its a personal choice. Most of the time it is not necessary cos you can use the target circle.
But in my view, whether you do it in your head or whether you write it down/put it in excel, you NEED to know how far your clubs go in Sun, Cloud and Rain - particularly if you ever want to play mastery.

I do the bare minimum - I find out how far they all go if I hit them 100%. Some players also record 90%, 80%, 70% etc. I can't be arsed.

Wedges are different. Accuracy with your wedges means the difference between a birdie and a par. I know how far my SW, AW and PW go if I shoot 10%, 15%, 20% etc up to 100%. That way I know exactly what % to use for e.g. a 54 yard chip.

Also, I use SW if the green around the pin is flat, AW if the pin is uphill (to prevent backspin on landing) and PW if the slope up to the pin is VERY steep.

Anyway, here's a link to an excel chart with my distances on.

http://www.box.net/shared/flk1zx7zch

Feel free to wipe out my numbers (they will not work for you cos we have different clubs and stats) and enter your own.
HOW? Simple.
- Click on Ceridwen and select Driving Range.
- Set temperature (keep changing between sun/cloud/rain until you get to 25 degrees)
- no wind
- Pick a club and start hitting and recording distance in excel.

Then when you play, just refer to your chart whenever you need to. The wedge charts are the most important, in my view.

Now I'll sit back and wait for the piss-taking from jap and stringer and the other non-charters Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://togs.forumotion.net

From neeway club chart and download
Page 1 of 1